Department of Urology
The Department of Urology at Malabar Hospital is one of the very first and best Urology centres in Kerala having a distinguished track record of dedicated care spanning more than 40 years and is headed by eminent Urologist Dr. V.N. Moni.
The Department of Urology at Malabar Hospital also has the clinical expertise and experience panel of Urologists.
What are the conditions
in which a Urologist can help?
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI’s) and all other urine related problems like pain during urination, unable to pass urine etc.
- Andrology & Male infertility
- The male sexual related problem like Erectile dysfunction
- Treatment of stones in the kidney
- Treatment for an enlarged prostate
- Female bladder prolapsed or dripping of urine into the vagina
- Urinary incontinence in females
- Overactive bladder or frequent urination at night
- Bed-wetting at night for children
- Undescended testis in children
Procedures conducted by a Urologist at Malabar Hospital
- Transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) for enlarged prostate
- Kidney stone removal via Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL)
- Examination of the bladder and urethra – (Cystoscopy)
- Minimally invasive surgery for stone removal - Ureteroscopy (URS)
- Open surgery for stone removal – Pyelolithotomy
- Laser treatment to remove stones – Cystolithotripsy
- Removal of tumour in the bladder - Transurethral resection of a bladder tumour (TURBT)
- Surgery performed inside the kidney - Retrograde Intrarenal Surgery (RIRS)
- Holmium Laser Enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP) for BPH or enlarged prostate