Department of Pulmonology
Department of Pulmonology at Malabar Hospital is a specialised unit offering cure to patients with
variety of respiratory complaints
Patients with the following symptoms/diseases can get
benefited with our service.
- Asthma – Wheezing/Cough/Shortness of breath.
- Allergic Rhinitis – Recurrent sneezing, Eye Irritation
- COPD – Exertional breathlessness/Chronic cough in smokers.
- OSA - Snoring /Recurrent waking up from sleep.
- Lung Infections /TB – Cough/Fever/expectoration.
- Lung Cancer - Cough/Dyspnoea/Haemoptysis
- PFT (Pulmonary Function Test) – Help to assess your
lung function and in diagnosing Asthma, COPD, ILD
- Sleep Study (PSG) Help in detecting snoring and OSA.
- Bronchoscopy (Endobronchial Biopsy/TBNA/BAL Help in diagnosing lung infections/TB/Lung
- Allergy Test - Skin Prick Test - Helps to identify the
agents that cause your allergy.
- Smoking Cessation Clinic – Helps you to quit smoking
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation – Help to overcome disabilities
due to chronic lung disease. Involve muscle training and
- Non-Invasive ventilator facilities like CPAP/BPAP
- Associated Service/ facilities like Medical ICU/
- Comprehensive care for lung cancer patients.