Mental health and mental hygiene are the need of the hour.As per common parlance, it is an established fact that for any physical ailment a physician is sought, who does the diagnosis and treatment which is needed. Until very recent times there has been a stigma with regard to approaching a Psychologist for any type of dis- ease of the mind. Where as it is important to bring to the awareness of people that not all mental illnesses need a clinical psychologist or psychiatrist. If any disturbance occurs to a person who is normal, a counsellor can intervene and help to bring about the clarity of thought process. A counsellor is a person who helps to identify the serve conflict of the client, thereby guiding the client to be able to find an apt alternative in the given situation. The role of a Counselling Psychologist is one of the toughest one and only a counsellor who is really empathetic can produce the desired result of helping the client.
DEPARTMENT OF COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGY
- Confusions & conflicts among adolescents and teens
- Awareness of family therapy in marital disputes
- Pros and cons of extramarital relationship
- Solution focused Counselling for exam stress and tensions
- General Counselling for day to day anxieties
- Clarification of roles in a relationship and family. Etc..
Adv SANGEETHA RAMAMOORTHY
MSC APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY,
PURSUING PG DIPLOMA IN ADVANCED COUNSELLING SKILLS.